Handle With Care: New Direxion ETFs
Direxion Funds, which is best known for triple-leveraged exchange-traded products like Direxion Daily Financial Bull 3X Shares (FAS) and Direxion Daily Financial Bear 3X (FAZ), has added to its lineup. Caveat emptor.
The Direxion Daily China Bull 3X Shares (CZM), Direxion Daily China Bear 3X Shares (CZI), Direxion Daily Latin America Bull 3X Shares (LBJ) and Direxion Daily Latin America Bear 3X Shares (LHB) triple-leveraged (either bullish or bearish, depending on the fund) exposure to the popular emerging-market fund universe. The CZM and CZI will track the BNY China Select ADR Index and the LBJ and LHB will track the S&P Latin America 40 Index.
This is not the first time that the company has taken a stab at the emerging markets. Currently, the Daily Emerging Markets Bull 3X Shares (EDC) and the Daily Emerging Markets Bear 3X Shares (EDZ) allow investors leveraged exposure to the broad MSCI Emerging Market Index. However, the new instruments will be the firm's most concentrated to date, with the China tools being its first single nation-focused international funds.
The launch of the four new triple-leveraged funds capitalizes on the influx of assets into emerging markets, as investors search for ever-larger yields and returns.Their launch also comes on the heels of Direxion's filings for triple S&P 500 and semiconductor funds, which will track the S&P 500 and Philadelphia Stock Exchange Semiconductor Sector Index and will carry 0.75% expense ratios.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV