2. PS3 and Xbox motion controllers: Casual gamers would rather use Wii controllers to bowl or box than nest with a 12-pack of Mountain Dew and a giant bag of Cheetos while shooting at their online "friends" for 20 hours. It took months of staring at Nintendo's console sales numbers for Sony and Microsoft to figure this out, but both are planning to introduce motion-based control devices by the middle of next year. The Xbox's "Project Natal" is by far the most ambitious, with a camera that captures a player's full range of motion and eliminates the need for a hand-held controller. It's already been named one of Time magazine's "50 Best Inventions of 2009" and is expected to cost $50 to $85 when it hits the market. The more Wii-like "PlayStation Motion Controller" (a working title for the rumored "Sphere" device), meanwhile, looks like an orb-topped wizard's staff in its early appearances and has a rumored cost of nearly $100. Think they're kidding? Ubisoft and Capcom are among the software companies already committed to making games for each device. Nintendo, with a 51 million motion-controller lead, doesn't seem fazed, but don't be surprised if this contributes to ...
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV