Mass. Gov: Utility To Pursue Cape Wind Power Deal
BOSTON (AP) ¿ Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick has announced that National Grid will pursue a long term deal with Cape Wind to purchase power from its proposed 130 turbine wind farm.
Patrick said Wednesday that such a deal is critical to securing financing for the Nantucket Sound project and getting it operating in time to qualify for federal incentives that could reduce its $1 billion cost by 30 percent.
The timeline for the talks between Cape Wind and the utility has not been determined. The state Department of Public Utilities must still approve the negotiations.
The Cape Wind project, which would be the nation's first offshore wind farm, has faced stiff opposition since it was proposed in 2001 and is still awaiting final regulatory approval.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV