Airline Sector Climbing Higher
The Amex Airline index has gone up by 3.5% to $29.50.
"Now that ... previously exuberant expectations have normalized as evidenced by price action in the last [one to two] months [versus] improving trends and ... the risk of a liquidity squeeze at a major carrier in 2010 has fallen; we believe investors will become increasingly willing to bet on the cycle," wrote Morgan Stanley analyst William J. Greene in a note to investors cited by the Wall Street Journal.
Greene has boosted his outlook for the sector to attractive from in-line.On top of that, he also lifted his ratings on AMR (AMR) and UAL (UAUA) to overweight from equalweight and lowered his ratings on Alaska Air (ALK) to underweight from equalweight.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV