Noteworthy is the fact that market research firm NPD Group found that most consumers it surveyed planned no change in their purchasing behavior based on the recent Tiger news. Indeed, a mere 5% of consumers surveyed by NPD said that they planned to cut back or eliminate any purchases of products Woods endorses.
NPD said that the majority of those planning to cut back came from the 55-plus age group. It added that, in an interesting twist, 2% of consumers that had purchased a Tiger Woods-endorsed product stated that they planned to actually buy more. These respondents came primarily from the younger consumer demographic.
Wood's endorsement deals with Nike, Gillette, Accenture, AT&T and American Express (AXP) once amounted to $100 million a year, according to Forbes.
How will the Tiger Woods "transgressions" affect Nike and Nike Golf?
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV