According to a CNBC report, Tigers' sex scandal cost his agent, IMG, $4.6 million in fees.
CNBC said that IMG, like its peers, charges clients between 15% to 20% on the sponsorship deals it helps to seal.
Extrapolating that figure to Tiger himself, the scandal-plagued golfer would have lost $23 million to $30 million in endorsement deals last year.CNBC obtained the information from a confidential document that delves into private and powerful IMG's 50-year sports management history.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV