On Jan. 6, 2011, another long-term partner of Tiger Woods says goodbye to the beleaguered golfing great.
After 13 years of working with Tiger, who contributed instructional advice articles to the monthly magazine, Golf Digest is terminating their partnership.
Their partnership first began during the 1997 Masters and has been the second-longest partnership for Woods -- second only to Tiger's relationship with Nike, which has remained supportive of Tiger throughout his public crisis last year.Others weren't so forgiving; sponsors such as AT&T (T), Accenture (ACN), PepsiCo's (PEP) Gatorade brand, P&G's (PG) Gillette unit jumped ship soon after his marital indiscretions became exposed. The Associated Press reports that Tiger's agent, Mark Steinberg, says the breakup was mutual, as the two couldn't see eye to eye on new terms after their contract expired last year. The agent, according to AP, said that Golf Digest was asking more time of Tiger than he currently had been devoting to the magazine as the magazine increasingly went digital. Golf Digest has a circulation of more than 1.6 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV