As for Tag Heuer, on Dec. 14, 2009, its vice-president of communications, Francoise Bezzola, fueled speculation of a breakup, saying "we are not announcing that we will keep Tiger and we are not announcing we will drop Tiger Woods. We are still considering it and we haven't taken a decision yet."
Just a few days before, on December 10, 2009, the Sydney Morning Herald had reported that Tag Heuer was doing away with placards of Woods from jewelry stores across Australia. Tag Heuer said that the move had nothing to do with reports of Tiger's infidelities -- although one jewelry shop owner the paper spoke to said he received a firm order from Tag Heuer to take them down, even though he just put them up.
On Dec. 18, 2009, Tag's view on the Woods scandal apparently became clear after the company's CEO told a Swiss daily that it would be removing Woods from its advertising campaign in the U.S.But then, on the night of Dec. 21, 2009, Tag Heuer had Woods on the front of all eight of its Web sites, according to CNBC. On the TAG Heuer Watches' homepage, there was, at the time, a large image of Woods wearing a TAG watch, accompanied with the words "Tag Heuer stands with Tiger Woods."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV