In 2007, the PepsiCo brand Gatorade helped Woods launch his own brand of sports drink. Analysts had estimated the value of Tiger's deal with Gatorade at more than $100 million over a five-year period.
That all came to a crashing halt, however, on Feb. 26, when Pepsi's Gatorade announced that the scandal-fatigued golfer would no longer endorse the sports-drink.
Curiously, the announcement came one week to the day after Woods' public mea culpa. The news came as something of a surprise, as Gatorade had generally stood behind Woods throughout his ordeal; although Gatorade discontinued Tiger's drink, "Gatorade Tiger Focus," on Dec. 8, it said at the time that the move had nothing to do with recent events.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV