Electronic Arts, Nike and TLC Vision (TLC), for their part, supported Woods throughout his crisis. Indeed, on Jan. 21, Electronic Arts' EA Sports brand announced that its new online golf game "Tiger Woods PGA Tour Online" had become available for free previewing and encouraged golf enthusiasts to join the open beta. A console version of the game was made available in the summer. A demo of the game can be accessed at http://tigerwoodsonline.ea.com/.
In an interview with USA Today on Jan. 21, EA Sports president Peter Moore said "there is nothing that we have seen that traversed since Thanksgiving and the unfortunate incident there that made us second-guess his role as an endorser of an authentic golf game."
"Yes, we would always have some options like any company you would imagine, we would always have some fallbacks or Plan B. But we have not in any way seriously considered doing anything but calling this
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV