Ahead Of The Bell: Santarus Soars On OTC Zegerid
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Shares of Santarus Inc. soared in premarket activity Wednesday after the Food and Drug Administration approved an over-the-counter version of the company's prescription heartburn drug Zegerid.
The stock gained $1.13, or 26.3 percent, to $5.42 ahead of Wednesday's market open. The stock has ranged from $1.05 to $4.39 over the past year.
The company had partnered with Schering-Plough Corp. on the over-the-counter version of Zegerid. Merck & Co. took over the application after buying Schering-Plough in November.
San Diego-based Santarus stands to receive a $20 million milestone payment and could also get up to $37.5 million in sales milestone payments, along with royalties on sales.Santarus recorded revenue of $130.2 million in 2008. Merck said Zegerid OTC will be available in the first half of 2010.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV