(Updated with stock price and additional analyst upgrades.)
Jefferies & Co. analyst Randal Konik raised his price target on the stock to $50 from $47 and maintained his buy rating. This implies the stock could soar 35% from its close on Monday at $37.05.
On the news, shares of Guess are spiking 12.3% to $41.59 in morning trading.During the quarter, the retailer earned $64.1 million, or 69 cents a share, compared with $64 million, or 67 cents, in the year-ago period. There were fewer shares this year than last, which boosted per-share results. Analysts expected Guess to earn 50 cents a share. Sales fell less than 1% to $522.8 million from $527.9 million. Guess said that there is still plenty of room to grow both overseas and domestically. Looking ahead, the company predicts fourth-quarter earnings in the range of 77 cents to 80 cents a share and full-year earnings between $2.45 and $2.48 a share. Both estimates are above Wall Street's consensus. Brean Murray Carret analyst Eric Beder also upped his price target to $51 from $39. "Guess provided a compelling demonstration of how to manage in tough economic times and to drive material upside via differentiated product, stringent cost controls and an aggressive international expansion plan," he wrote in a note. Wall Street Strategies analyst Brian Sozzi lifted his price target to $49 from $47, while Christine Chen, analyst at Needham, upped her target to $52 from $40. -- Reported by Jeanine Poggi in New York. Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV