Amerisafe To Redeem $25.9M In Convertible Stock
DERIDDER, La. (AP) ¿ Amerisafe Inc., which sells high-hazard workers' compensation insurance, on Monday said it will redeem all of its outstanding convertible stock.
The company said on Dec. 31, it will pay $103.50 per preferred share in redeeming all 250,000 outstanding shares of its series C and D convertible preferred stock. That amounts to $25.9 million if all shares are redeemed.
Preferred shareholders have until the end of the year to convert their shares into common stock. The 250,000 outstanding shares of preferred stock are convertible into 1.2 million common shares. The redemption provides for a cash payment equal to $21.30 per common share.
Amerisafe's common shares closed Monday at $16.89. It has traded between $13.12 and $21.97 in the past 52 weeks and is down more than 16 percent for the year.Amerisafe said it expects preferred shareholders to accept the cash redemption, given the recent trading range.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV