Five Top Smartphone Stocks of 2009
Google has plans to enter its own phone in the smartphone arena, but this year was the big coming out party for its wireless operating system Android. Running on more than a dozen phones already selling or planned for introduction at the top four U.S. telcos, Android has enjoyed a tremendous debut.
The numbers. Gartner analyst Kevin Dulaney made a bold prediction in October that Android would rank second only to Nokia's (NOK) Symbian as the top smartphone operating system. HTC's four Android phones helped make it the fastest growing smartphone player in the third quarter. The big gains by Android have already helped bury Microsoft's (MSFT) Windows Mobile system as phone makers looked for more stable, flexible software for their new crops of smartphones.
The stock. Google shares are up 88% this year as Internet advertising has shown signs of recovery. And though 97% of Google's revenue comes from search ads, the prospect of extending its search service to mobile devices certainly helps bolster the bullish story for Google.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV