Five Top Smartphone Stocks of 2009
Over the past two years, Motorola (MOT) nearly disappeared from the smartphone market until last month's arrival of the Google (GOOG) Android-powered Cliq phone at T-Mobile and the Droid phone at Verizon (VZ).
The numbers. Analysts expect Motorola Android phone sales to reach one million units this year even with a troubling Droid start at Verizon that kept Wall Street guessing. While the Droid phone is not an Apple (AAPL) iPhone killer, analysts expect it to help Motorola reach an Android phone sales target of 10 million units next year.
The stock. Motorola shares, after falling 80% between 2007 and the end of 2008, are up 79% this year. With more than 20 new smartphones on deck for next year and most of them expected to run on Android, Motorola has started to convince some investors it can thrive again.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV