Patriot Transportation 4Q Profit Falls 68 Pct
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) ¿ Patriot Transportation Holding Inc., a trucking and real estate holding company, reported Monday that its fiscal fourth-quarter profit fell more than 68 percent as its revenue tumbled 20 percent.
The company recorded net income of $999,000, or 32 cents per share, compared with a profit of $3.2 million, or $1.02 per share, in the same period a year ago. Revenue fell to $27.8 million from $34.8 million.
For the full year, profit totaled $3.8 million, or $1.20 per share, compared with $8 million, or $2.55 per share, for fiscal 2008. Revenue fell to $114.6 million from $129.9 million.
The company said the transportation segment was able to offset the effect of reduced demand for hauled products with reduced vehicle accident costs, higher gains on equipment sales, increased revenue per mile and cost management.Going forward, Patriot said gross profit from the leasing of developed buildings is expected to weaken from existing levels as the company's three new buildings brought into service in the past 12 months continue to contribute no revenue. Shares of Patriot added 55 cents to $91.86 in afternoon trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV