TAM Is Among The Top Ten Companies In The Country When It Comes To Information Transparency
SAO PAULO, Nov. 30 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- An original study performed by the Corporate Governance Score area from Standard & Poor's (S&P) ranked TAM (Bovespa:TAMM4; NYSE: TAM) among the top ten Brazilian companies in information transparency and disclosure (T&D).
Developed with its own methodology, the data search took into account the 56 companies whose stocks are the most traded in the Sao Paulo Stocks Exchange (Bovespa) and were part of the Bovespa index until August, 31 st 2009 -- 34 are also present in the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE).
The study revealed that the average transparency score of the companies which are part of the Bovespa Index is 66.1%, ranging from 44% to 88.3%.All the analyses of the information transparency took into consideration data included in the main sources of public information: annual reports, information disclosed through the companies' websites and reports published in the websites of capital market regulatory agencies. For S&P, this average T&D score is absolutely satisfactory, especially when compared to those in other researched emerging markets. For example, in 2008 the average score of the 90 biggest Russian open capital companies was 56%, and that of the 300 biggest Chinese companies was 46%. SOURCE TAM
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV