Constellation Brands To Sell Cider Operations
VICTOR, N.Y. (AP) ¿ Constellation Brands Inc., a wine, beer and liquor company, said Monday that it will sell its cider operations to Ireland's C&C Group PLC for about $70 million.
Constellation said that it was selling the Gaymer Cider Co. because it is now concentrating more on its higher-margin brands. The sale to C&C, which is based in Dublin, Ireland, includes cider brands such as Blackthorn Cider, Gaymers Original and Pear Cider, Addlestones and Olde English Cider. C&C will also get a production plant as well as associated warehouses and distribution plants.
Constellation, which makes Robert Mondavi wine, said it plans to use funds from the sale to lower its borrowings.
Earlier this month Constellation said it was considering a deal to sell some of its assets or combine part of its Australian and U.K. wine operations with Australian Vintage Ltd., an Australian wine company.The sale to C&C Group is targeted to close by the middle of January 2010.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV