(Updated with more analyst comments)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- As Black Friday kicked off today, many shoppers were eagerly anticipating taking home their heavily-discounted prize gifts. Some had been lining up since the early hours of the morning to be first in line to grab early Christmas gifts and snap up the limited inventories available in-store. Meanwhile, all eyes in the financial community were carefully watching how retailers perform in their annual battle for their share of the consumer's wallet.
Traditionally Black Friday has been known as the "make or break" day for the retail industry, where the retailers finally turn a red loss into a black profit on their books. In recent years, though, the day's importance has waned slightly.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV