Hewlett-Packard (HPQ), Dell (DELL), SONY (SNE) and Asus all lead the way with the top products. The Microsoft Windows 7 (MSFT) launch gave each maker a chance to refresh the product line in time for black Friday.
Netbooks are scaled down laptops designed for simple Web surfing and email. With screen sizes from seven to 12 inches they can travel easily and are far lighter than your average laptop. The Intel (INTC) Atom processor is the primary chipset found inside and is not strong enough for streaming high-quality video. Some keyboards are cramped, a problem most manufacturers have rushed to fix, many with success.
With many retailers expecting cheap netbooks to be big sellers, we asked our tech reviewer Gary Krakow to draw up the list of the 10 best and cheapest netbooks. One last tip before you buy: Double check the keyboard size for your hands.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV