Already, this addition to the gold ETF funds universe has an average daily trading volume of more than 2.8 million shares.
Its popular large-cap predecessor, the Market Vectors Gold Miners ETF (GDX), has a three-month average daily trading volume of 12.6 million shares.
GDXJ helps to provide investors exposure to junior gold miners with enormous potential for growth, while helping to minimize security-specific risk.Because some of the companies in GDXJ's underlying portfolio companies have yet to generate material revenues and operate at a loss, trying to pick individual junior mining stocks can be like playing the lottery. GDXJ's portfolio includes 39 junior gold miners, reducing the impact that the failure of any single underlying component would have on the investment as a whole. While the number of GDXJ's underlying components helps to temper the risk of this ETF, 46% of assets are dedicated to the fund's top 10 holdings. Investors and prospective investors should, therefore, familiarize themselves with GDXJ's top components. The performances of GDXJ's top five holdings, in particular, have a significant impact on the fund's trading. The largest holding at 6.41% is Coeur d'Alene Mines (CDE). In addition to being a gold producer, Couer d'Alene is one of the world's largest silver companies. CDE currently has mines in Bolivia, Mexico, Chile, Argentina and a surface mine in Nevada. In addition to owning mining operations, CDE also has non-operating interests in several mines.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV