NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- "It's time to set things straight with some cold, hard facts," Jim Cramer told the viewers of his "Mad Money" TV show Tuesday.
He once again took on the naysayers and market bears, this time with plain good old fashioned logic.Lesson 1: Stocks do not go up idly. Cramer said stocks don't hit 52-week highs because things aren't going well. He said stocks go higher because the companies are hitting the ball out of the park. Lesson 2: People buy things when they're feeling good. Cramer said when people buy tools, it means they want to make their homes worth more. When people buy cars, it's because they're feeling confident. And when people go shopping, it means they have a little extra cash.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV