NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- The casino sector is in the red, on mixed news in the casino industry.
Macau, which has become a gambling hub in China, said visitation to the area grew 5.2% in October.
Over the weekend Sands raised $2.5 billion in its Hong Kong initial public offering, pricing 1.87 billion shares at HK$10.38 each ($1.34), below its expected range of HK$10.38 to HK$13.88."We think the lower end of the range is more a functioning of timing than anything else, as we believe institutional investors were smaller in size than normal given the quickly approaching year end," J.P. Morgan analyst, Joseph Greff, wrote in a note. "That being said, we believe some upside was left on the table." Shares of Sands are slipping 1.6% to $15.78 in afternoon trading. One of the biggest movers of the day is Empire Resorts (NYNY), which is plunging 11.2% to $2.14 this afternoon.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV