Cel-Sci's History of Disappearing Drugs: BioBuzz
Murphy deserves credit for recommending BioCryst early, before the stock began its recent H1N1-induced upward trajectory. But Murphy also has told his subscribers that BioCryst is worth $30, and with the stock nowhere close to that price, he's going far afield to blame others for its under-performance.
Last September, Murphy accused the FDA of complicity in the deaths of children from H1N1 because the agency had not yet approved an expanded use of BioCryst's flu drug peramivir.
In October, Murphy responded to a post on the Schwitzer Health News Blog by accusing BioCryst's Big Pharma competitors (presumably Roche and GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), makers of other flu antivirals) of pressuring the FDA to delay peramivir's approval.
-- Reported by Adam Feuerstein in Boston.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV