Titanic producer James Cameron agrees, "There will eventually be major titles available from all studios at some screens in almost all multiplex cinemas worldwide. I would say the horizon for this is five years ... 3D's broad acceptance at theaters will generate enough content that consumer-electronics manufacturers will make home players and monitors available.
"The technology exists now, but is not readily available as off-the-shelf products. 3D display will become a must for video and computer games. The density of information one can place on a small screen becomes much higher if it's stacked in three dimensions."
We're at the beginning of a new era in gaming as evidenced by the success of the Guitar Hero franchise -- Activision (ATVI) and RedOctane -- as well as the success of Nintendo's Wii. Physical participation in a game brings the user experience to a new level -- a level that turns non-gamers or casual gamers into serious gamers. Imagine a physical gaming experience that was more than just a game; what if your time spent playing games was actually teaching you a new skill? Educational gaming has been tried before, but Apple might be the ones to bring it mainstream. You actually want to learn to fly a plane, to sail, to race Nascar, or to improve your golf swing? 3D Apple could bring these real life simulations to a flat screen near you. Getting caught up in some sore of holographic adventure might make it even harder for parents to get their kids to do their chores!
Now Read: Apple's Decade: In Position to Win>>>Apple's Decade: Innovation Kings>>> Apple's Decade: A Matter of Trust>>> Apple's Decade: Waiting for Tablet >>> Apple's Decade: The iPhone Taps China >>> Apple's Decade: How it Will Hit $500 >>>
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV