Traditional game developers are looking to the Apple ecosystem as their distribution channel of the future. It even appears that Apple's appeal is unique among smartphones. Gameloft executive Alexandre de Rochefort was quoted by CNBC's Jim Goldman as saying, "We have significantly cut our investment in the Android platform, just like many others. It is not as neatly done as on the iPhone. Google has not been very good to entice customers to actually buy products. On Android, nobody is making significant revenue. We are selling 400 times more games on iPhone than on Android."
Another possible area where Apple may end up is 3D gaming. The most influential names in entertainment are furiously working with the latest breakthrough 3D technology, people like Academy Award winner James Cameron, U2 visionary Bono, Lord of the Rings Director Peter Jackson, and Imax co-CEOs Richard Gelfond and Bradley Wechsler.
For those of you whose only 3D experience has been watching Captain EO while wearing those paper 3D glasses, I've got news for you, this new technology will blow your mind. If you want a sneak peek, go to your local Imax Movie Screen and check out U2 in 3D.
Frank Miller, writer of Batman, 300, and Sin City, had this to say: "I saw U2 3D and I thought that the 3D effects were not just remarkable but historic." According to U2 3D executive producer Sandy Climan, "We think this is going to usher in an era of filmmaking that causes a paradigm shift not that much different than silent films to talkies, or black and white to color."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV