The other change Apple is bringing to the gaming industry is their emphasis on practical information and practical skill development for the casual gamers. Instead of idling away your time playing some fantasy science fiction game, the App Store provides you with alternatives so that your recreational time can be well spent.
You want to create music? Apple's got virtual instruments, recording and mixing. You want a personal trainer while running, cycling or hiking? iPhone's got it. How about a birth buddy to help your wife with labor contractions? iPhone's even got that.
Some other practical apps include iLingo, which can teach you a new language. Trigger helps with trigonometry, and you can find apps specializing in banking, travel, photography, shopping and social networking in the App Store. The mixing of gaming with apps might expand the platform in ways we haven't seen yet.
In the same way that Google (GOOG) search allowed us to sort and find relevant information on the Web, the Apple App Store will help us to narrow down and choose educational pursuits of interest.That is what phase one of Apple gaming is all about. The real job of phase one is to allow the iPhone/iPod touch platform to become an accepted medium for learning math, science, language, music, etc. That is why Apple is willing to give away the iPod touch when students purchase a Mac. They want consumers to become acclimated to the App Store.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV