7. Rent the Runway: Do you like Netflix (NFLX) and GameFly, but wish they made you look prettier? Look no further than Rent the Runway, where you can get a Diane von Furstenberg the same way you'd get the second disc from season three of "The Office" -- through the mail. For $50 to $200 per garment, customers can rent a Christian Siriano or Herve Leger piece for four nights and ship it back in a prepaid envelope. Dry cleaning is included and there's an optional $5 damage insurance fee, but, unlike Netflix, you're on the hook for the entire cost if a dress gets completely destroyed.
10 Quirky Sites for Clever Holiday Gifts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts