Inter Parfums Posts 3rd-quarter Profit
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Perfume company Inter Parfums Inc. reported after the market closed Monday that profit rose in the third quarter, helped by trimmed expenses and a foreign currency gain.
The company said it earned $7.3 million, or 24 cents per share for the quarter, up from $6.2 million, or 20 cents per share earned in the same quarter last year.
Earnings were helped by a pretax foreign currency gain of $900,000 million for hedging activities.
Sales declined 5 percent to $117.5 million from $123.5 million.The results beat Wall Street expectations. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters expected the company to earn 20 cents per share on revenue of $105 million. Gross margin was 57 percent, up from 55 percent a year ago, and sales at stores open more than a year declined 8 percent at U.S. operations. The company also said it reduced inventory by 40 percent over the past year and that it kept a lid on selling, general and administrative expenses during the quarter. For fiscal 2009, the company expects earnings of 74 cents per share, lower than the 76 cents per share expected by analysts. Shares declined 32 cents, or 2.7 percent, to $11.58 in aftermarket trading, after ending at $11.90 on Monday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV