Experts Offer Tips For Beating Career Blues
If it's not possible to find a new job or new responsibilities, try volunteering after work at a nonprofit or another organization that interests you. Having something stimulating and fulfilling outside of your job may help ease your unhappiness at work.
Another idea is to become an entrepreneur on the side as long as you don't take time away from your primary job.
"It is incredibly easy today in comparison with a year ago, five years ago, 10 years ago to set up a business, to do so with some kind of an online presence if online is part of the strategy," Lewis said.
Other options are to take professional development courses, new classes or additional training to fine-tune skills."People stay very engaged in a job if they have new challenges, new opportunities to grow," Bowen said.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV