'Fast Money' Recap: Mutual Fund Monday
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The weak dollar and a strong existing-home sales report sent the markets off to a roaring start Monday.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average jumped 132.79, or 1.29%, to 10,450.95, while the S&P 500 added 14.86, or 1.36%, to 1,106.24. The Nasdaq rose 29.97, or 1.40%, to 2,176.01.
Pete Najarian said on CNBC's "Fast Money" TV show that today's rally followed a predictable pattern of "Mutual Fund Mondays" that has seen capital move into the markets on the first day of the week.
For a breakout of some stocks from a recent "Fast Money" TV show, check out Dan Fitzpatrick's "3 Stocks I Saw on TV."
3 Stocks I Saw on TV
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV