Premarket Roundup: Goldman Sachs, Starbucks
The Associated Press
Despite a likely end-of-year slowdown in fixed-income trading, Goldman Sachs will top Wall Street expectations by cutting the percentage of sales it sets aside as compensation, an analyst said.
Starbucks Corp.'s cost control efforts and the likelihood of a key sales measure improving prompted an analyst to lift the coffee chain's rating and price target.
A surprisingly strong weekend opening for the second movie in the Twilight vampire series, "New Moon," led analysts to raise their box office forecasts and support a more upbeat outlook for theater chains.Investors should begin buying shares of Met-Pro Corp. since the shares have fallen back to a level that makes them a good value, an analyst said. A Jefferies & Co. analyst raised his rating on medical software company Eclipsys Corp., citing a better opinion on the company's prospects after a meeting with management. Hewlett-Packard Co., the world's No. 1 personal computer and printer maker, was likely buoyed by a recovering PC market in the latest quarter but worries persist about the health of some of its other businesses.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV