Ahead Of The Bell: Met-Pro Upgrade At Brean Murray
HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) ¿ Investors should begin buying shares of Met-Pro Corp. since the shares have fallen back to a level that makes them a good value, an analyst said Monday.
Michael Gaugler of Brean Murray Carret & Co. upgraded his rating on the the Harleysville, Pa., manufacturer of pollution control technologies to "Buy" from "Hold" and set a $12 price target.
Met-Pro's third quarter results were slightly weaker than he expected, but its shares have pulled back enough for investors to jump in, he said.
Met-Pro closed at $9.24 Friday, down 14 percent from its most recent high of $10.80 on Aug. 21.In addition, big-ticket orders have risen recently "and we believe there are opportunities across all its business units to secure substantive project sizes" in the range of $3 million to $5 million, Gaugler said in a client note. Friday, Met-Pro said net income of $1 million, or 7 cents per share, was down from $3 million, or 20 cents per share, in the same period last year. Revenue of $19.8 million for the quarter ended Oct. 31 was down 29 percent from $28 million in the year-ago period. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters expected it to earn 12 cents per share on revenue of $22.6 million. Gaugler said that despite the substantial drop in sales, overall margins held up "rather well." "Met-Pro is proving itself to be very adept at managing its business through tough economic conditions," he said.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV