iShares Turkey (TUR) -8.1%
TUR's magnificent run turned into a turkey last week. Mark Mobius, manager of Templeton Emerging Markets Fund (EMF), said the country could have a correction, and the market delivered. Mobius said other emerging markets could also decline, but he also added that investors should regard the drop as a buying opportunity.
Year to date, TUR is still up 77%.iShares Japan Small Cap (SCJ) -2.4% PowerShares FTSE RAFI Japan (PJO) -4% iShares Japan (EWJ) -2.9% WisdomTree Japan Small Cap (DFJ) -2.6% WisdomTree Japan Total Dividend (DXJ) -2.6% Optimistic headlines were sparked by reports of third-quarter GDP growth of 4.8% year over year, but then investors learned that prices fell by 2.6%. Much of the growth came due to the deflation, not from increased production. While this isn't a problem by itself, Japan has a large debt burden. An economy with no growth can shrink its debt burden with inflation, but an economy with no growth will increase its debt burden with deflation. FirstTrust ISE-Revere Natural Gas (FCG) -4% Natural gas prices sank again last week and U.S. Natural Gas (UNG) reached an all-time low, but UNG only fell 0.8% during the week. After months of following the stock market higher, however, FCG may finally be trading in sympathy with natural gas prices.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV