NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Several stocks trading near $5 were moving on above-average volume during Friday's session.
DryShips (DRYS) shed 14 cents, or 2.1%, to $6.39 after it expanded its convertible note offering by $100 million to $400 million and priced the initial conversion at $7.19 a share. Volume topped 54 million, compared with the stock's three-month average daily volume of 24.9 million, according to Yahoo! Finance.
Synovus Financial (SNV) added 11 cents, or 7%, to $1.69 after the company reiterated that its capital is sufficient under the guidelines of the Supervisory Capital Assessment Program stress testing. Volume topped 24.1 million, exceeding the stock's three-month average daily volume of 17.5 million, according to Yahoo! Finance.
Netlist (NLST) shares rose by 1.99, or 35.1%, to $7.66 extending gains spurred by the recent introduction of its HyperCloud product. Volume hit 24.4 million, easily surpassing Netlist's three-month average daily volume of 1.3 million.Inovio Biomedical (INO) jumped 36 cents, or 30%, to $1.56 after announcing promising results from animal tests suggesting that some of its new vaccines effectively protect against multiple influenza strains. Volume hit 9.4 million, compared with Inovio's three-month average daily volume of 1.6 million, according to Yahoo! Finance. New Gold (NGD) dropped 4 cents, or 1.1%, to $3.61 extending Thursday's losses related to suspended mining operations at a Mexican mine. Volume touched 5.7 million, compared with the stock's three-month average daily volume of 2.4 million, according to Yahoo! Finance. -- Written by Melinda Peer in New York. Check out all of Friday's high-volume, under-$5 stocks at the Dollar Store
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV