NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- "The week leading up to Thanksgiving is usually an up week for stocks," Jim Cramer told the viewers of his "Mad Money" TV show Friday.
As a result, he encouraged viewers to use the opportunity to pick up a few good earners at bargain prices.Cramer said he's looking for good things from Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) when it reports after the close on Monday. But, he said, the stock has run up ahead of the quarter, so he'd wait to buy in after they report. "No matter how good the quarter, they're likely to sell off anyway," he said.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV