Met-Pro 3Q Profit Plunges As Markets Remain Weak
HARLEYSVILLE, Pa. (AP) ¿ Met-Pro Corp., which makes pollution control technologies, said Friday its third-quarter profit plunged two-thirds on weak markets, surprising Wall Street.
Net income of $1 million, or 7 cents per share, was down from $3 million, or 20 cents per share, in the same period last year.
Revenue of $19.8 million for the quarter ended Oct. 31 was down 29 percent from $28 million in the year-ago period.
Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters expected the Harleysville, Pa., company to earn 12 cents per share on revenue of $22.6 million.Raymond J. De Hont, chairman and CEO, said the results "reflect the lagging effect" on sales and earnings from the recession. However, he said Met-Pro's markets have shown some improvement, with new third-quarter orders at $25.5 million, up 31 percent from the second quarter. De Hont said it was the company's best quarterly bookings since the third quarter of last year. Met-Pro makes pollution control technologies for purification of air and liquids and fluid handling technologies for corrosive, abrasive and high temperature liquids, among other products. Shares edged up 3 cents to $9.37 in midday trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV