Medidata Shares Fall On Offering Announcement
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Medidata Solutions Inc., a maker of software and services for clinical development of drugs and medical devices, said Friday it plans a public offering of 4.5 million shares of its common stock.
Medidata, which filed a registration statement with the Securities and Exchange Commission, said the shares are being offered by certain stockholders of the company, including funds affiliated with Insight Venture Partners. Medidata will not receive any proceeds from the offering, it said.
Shares of the New York-based company fell $1.10, or 6.2 percent, to close at $16.68.
The offering announcement comes about five months after Medidata's initial public offering. A regulatory filing listed nearly 22.7 million shares outstanding as of Nov. 9.If underwriters sell more than 4.5 million shares in the offering, the selling stockholders intend to grant the underwriters an option to buy up to 675,000 shares of common stock within 30 days. Citigroup Global Markets and Credit Suisse Securities (USA) are acting as joint bookrunning managers for the proposed offering. Jefferies & Co. and Needham & Co. are acting as co-managers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV