Medidata Shares Fall On Offering Announcement
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Medidata Solutions Inc., a maker of software and services for clinical development of drugs and medical devices, said Friday it plans a public offering of 4.5 million shares of its common stock.
Medidata, which filed a registration statement with the Securities and Exchange Commission, said the shares are being offered by certain stockholders of the company, including funds affiliated with Insight Venture Partners. Medidata will not receive any proceeds from the offering, it said.
Shares of the New York-based company fell $1.10, or 6.2 percent, to close at $16.68.
The offering announcement comes about five months after Medidata's initial public offering. A regulatory filing listed nearly 22.7 million shares outstanding as of Nov. 9.If underwriters sell more than 4.5 million shares in the offering, the selling stockholders intend to grant the underwriters an option to buy up to 675,000 shares of common stock within 30 days. Citigroup Global Markets and Credit Suisse Securities (USA) are acting as joint bookrunning managers for the proposed offering. Jefferies & Co. and Needham & Co. are acting as co-managers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV