The differences between the companies are holding up Comcast's (CMCSA) planned bid for a majority stake of 51% in NBC Universal, the Financial Times reports..
GE and cable company Comcast were looking to unveil an agreement before the Thanksgiving holiday in the U.S. next Thursday, the newspaper reports, citing people familiar with the negotiations.
Although GE and Comcast have been working towards an announcement on Monday, GE and Vivendi remain $1 billion to $2 billion apart on the valuation of Vivendi's 20% stake in NBC Universal, these people said.On Thursday, it was reported that Vivendi's chief financial officer said his company wants to exit NBC Universal but a decision hasn't been made for this year. Phillipe Capron called the situation "complex," Dow Jones Newswires reported. -- Reported by Joseph Woelfel in New York . Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV