A report by OTR Global claims that Apple has contracted to product a UMTS/CDMA hybrid iPhone due in the third quarter of 2010 that will operate on all carriers. That means the end of iPhone/AT&T exclusivity domestically and it infers the end of international exclusive distribution deals as well. The research note also identifies the new phone as having a smaller screen than the current 3.5-inch display.
AT&T (T) has struggled to keep up with the networking data demands of iPhone users and as a result has kept many potential customers away from the product. The potential of Apple releasing the iPhone through Verizon (VZ) in 2010 is a big catalyst for this stock.
My forecast is for Apple to sell an average of 14.8 million iPhones per quarter in 2011. This equates to a total of 59.2 million iPhone unit sales for the year or a 17.7% share of the expected 334 million unit/year smartphone market.
See you at Apple $500.Now Read: Apple's Decade: In Position to Win>>> Apple's Decade: Innovation Kings>>> Apple's Decade: A Matter of Trust>>> Apple's Decade: Waiting for Tablet >>>
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV