The company says the study demonstrated that pain relief was greatest in the Actipatch group, followed by Tylenol, then the no-treatment group.
This study tells us nothing. Why wasn't there a true placebo arm, i.e., patients treated with an ActiPatch missing its battery? And the study wasn't blinded either, so patients knew the treatment they were receiving, which certainly skews the results of the subjective, patient-reported pain-relief scale employed in the study.
You know what they say: garbage in, garbage out.
If you're a believer of holistic, hocus-pocus, electromagnetic pain relief, then by all means, go buy an Actipatch and stick it where it hurts. (I'll prefer to pop some Tylenol, but that's just me.) But please, don't get involved with this stock, unless you get a thrill from investing in easily manipulated penny stocks with questionable management and impenetrable, unaudited and opaque financials.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV