Five Small-Cap Stocks Trading at Cheap Prices
BOSTON (TheStreet) -- Small-cap stocks have struggled in the past month, with the Russell 2000 Index sinking 6%. These companies are bucking the trend, and their shares have room to rise.
5. National Bankshares (NKSH) is a bank in Virginia.
The numbers: Third-quarter net income increased 5% to $3.8 million, or 54 cents a share, as revenue rose 1% to $15 million. The company's gross margin widened from 69% to 72%, and its operating margin expanded from 44% to 50%. National Bankshares has an ideal financial position, with $35 million of cash and minimal debt.The stock: National Bankshares has increased 44% this year, outpacing major U.S. indices. The stock trades at a price-to-earnings ratio of 15, a discount to the market and regional bank peers. Shares pay a 2.8% dividend yield.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV