Infineon 4Q Net Income Rises To $21 Million
FRANKFURT (AP) ¿ German chipmaker Infineon Technologies AG said Thursday its fourth quarter net income rose sharply from a large loss a year ago as the company saw cost reductions help its results.
Infineon, based in Neubiberg, said net profit totaled ¿14 million ($21 million) in the fourth quarter, compared with a loss of ¿884 million in the fourth quarter of 2008.
Revenue declined 18 percent to ¿855 million from ¿1.05 billion in the fourth quarter a year ago. Compared to the third quarter, however, revenue increased 12 percent.The company's fiscal year begins in October. For the full year, Infineon still had to report a loss, although it was able to reduce it considerably. The company experienced a steep decline in demand for its products as a result of the economic downturn, and also saw restructuring effects as a result, including job reductions. For the full fiscal year, ended September 30, the company reported a net loss of ¿671 million compared to a net loss of nearly ¿4 billion in the 2008 fiscal year. Revenue in the 2009 fiscal year declined to ¿3.03 billion from nearly ¿4 billion in 2008. "The strong impact of our cost reduction measures during the 2009 fiscal year have stabilized our balance sheet and helped to increase our financial freedom and flexibility," said Peter Bauer, the company's chief executive in the report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV