Rio Tinto's Subsidiary Slated for IPO Friday
The initial public offering is slated for Friday. Cloud Peak will offer 35.19 million shares at a price ranging from $16 per to $18 per share. It will trade under the ticker symbol "CLD" on the NYSE. It may also issue $600 million of senior unsecured notes, with about $284.6 million to be distributed to Rio Tinto and the rest earmarked for general purposes.
The sale could raise up to $491.6 million after expenses, according to an SEC filing. The proceeds will go to Rio Tinto in exchange for mining assets. The net proceeds could end up as high $565.3 million if underwriters end up taking the offer of 4.6 million shares to cover overallotments.
Cloud Peak's reserves and long term contracts renders the pricing reasonable, according to Francis Gaskins of IPOdesktop.This Rio Tinto subsidiary is the third largest U.S. coal producer, overseeing mines in the coal-rich regions of Montana, Wyoming and Colorado. Cloud Peak's raked in a solid pro forma net income of $63.1 million in the year ended December 31, almost double $32.3 million in 2007.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV