Rio Tinto's Subsidiary Slated for IPO Friday
The initial public offering is slated for Friday. Cloud Peak will offer 35.19 million shares at a price ranging from $16 per to $18 per share. It will trade under the ticker symbol "CLD" on the NYSE. It may also issue $600 million of senior unsecured notes, with about $284.6 million to be distributed to Rio Tinto and the rest earmarked for general purposes.
The sale could raise up to $491.6 million after expenses, according to an SEC filing. The proceeds will go to Rio Tinto in exchange for mining assets. The net proceeds could end up as high $565.3 million if underwriters end up taking the offer of 4.6 million shares to cover overallotments.
Cloud Peak's reserves and long term contracts renders the pricing reasonable, according to Francis Gaskins of IPOdesktop.This Rio Tinto subsidiary is the third largest U.S. coal producer, overseeing mines in the coal-rich regions of Montana, Wyoming and Colorado. Cloud Peak's raked in a solid pro forma net income of $63.1 million in the year ended December 31, almost double $32.3 million in 2007.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV