NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Two new exchange traded funds and one closed-end fund that have received initial ratings of "buy" bet on global equities, but in different regions of the world.
The most impressive of the three funds, PowerShares Emerging Markets Infrastructure Portfolio (PXR), returned 98% in the 12 months through October.
As countries around the world stimulate their economies by investing in infrastructure, the PowerShares Emerging Markets Infrastructure Portfolio cleaned up by holding stocks of the S-Network Emerging Infrastructure Builders Index. The fund's concentration of BRIC stocks -- those in Brazil, Russia, India and China -- performed particularly well, with Brazil's Cia Siderurgica Nacional SA (SID), Russia's Mechel (MTL), Sterlite Industries India (SLT) and China's Jiangxi Copper (JIXAY) more than tripling.
Research MethodologyTheStreet.com Ratings condenses available fund performance and risk data into a single composite opinion of each fund's risk-adjusted performance. That allows for the unbiased identification of funds that have historically done well and those that have underperformed the market. While there is no guarantee of future performance, these investment ratings provide a solid framework for making informed, timely investment decisions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV