NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Two new exchange traded funds and one closed-end fund that have received initial ratings of "buy" bet on global equities, but in different regions of the world.
The most impressive of the three funds, PowerShares Emerging Markets Infrastructure Portfolio (PXR), returned 98% in the 12 months through October.
As countries around the world stimulate their economies by investing in infrastructure, the PowerShares Emerging Markets Infrastructure Portfolio cleaned up by holding stocks of the S-Network Emerging Infrastructure Builders Index. The fund's concentration of BRIC stocks -- those in Brazil, Russia, India and China -- performed particularly well, with Brazil's Cia Siderurgica Nacional SA (SID), Russia's Mechel (MTL), Sterlite Industries India (SLT) and China's Jiangxi Copper (JIXAY) more than tripling.
Research MethodologyTheStreet.com Ratings condenses available fund performance and risk data into a single composite opinion of each fund's risk-adjusted performance. That allows for the unbiased identification of funds that have historically done well and those that have underperformed the market. While there is no guarantee of future performance, these investment ratings provide a solid framework for making informed, timely investment decisions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV