Net income for the quarter climbed to $20.7 million or 16 cents a share. It was a sharp rise from last year's net income of $10.1 million or 8 cents a share, and in line with analysts estimates.
The company added nearly 5,000 customers in the third quarter, increasing its client base to almost 70,000, while citing low attrition. It now has major data centers in the West Coast, East Coast and Singapore.
Revenue rose 20% to $331 million. International revenue flowing from Europe and Asia reached 30 percent of the company's total revenue. Salesforce increased hiring in the third quarter to position itself for growth in the fourth quarter.Subscription and support revenues came in at $306.9 million, a 21 percent gain over the previous year. Deferred revenue rose to $545.4 million, 16 percent higher than the same time last year, reflecting an increase in new sales. Company executives say that the growth of cloud computing is clearly outpacing traditional web-hosting platforms. Customers have built 10,000 web sites with Salesforce.com, generating 170 million page views.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV