He said people are overlooking it because "they think coal's dirty" and because they think President Obama's not a coal fan. But Cramer pointed to Warren Buffett's recent purchase of Burlington Northern (BNI) as evidence that the IPO will be successful.
According to Cramer, the Burlington purchase is a sign from Buffett that coal's "going to be with us for a long time" and that Cloud Peak will be a "sleeper deal."
"In Buffett we trust," said Cramer. "People have to recognize that coal is here to stay, even with Obama."Cramer further supported his position by mentioning the strength of the coal lobby and the country's "fixation with developing clean coal. Cloud Peak's coal, he said, is "the cleanest coal in the country." Turning to retail, Cramer said the "people are missing the point." He told viewers to consider companies such as Palm (PALM), Research In Motion (RIMM) and Apple (AAPL), which make expensive smartphones. "The consumer is spending," said Cramer. "They may not be spending at Target (TGT), but they're willing to spend a fortune on phones." -- Written by Rebecca Corvino in New York.
|Most Popular Today|
|Five Cheap Stocks on the Rise
|Most Commented Today|
|Motorola Droid Lands Hard on Palm
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV