He said people are overlooking it because "they think coal's dirty" and because they think President Obama's not a coal fan. But Cramer pointed to Warren Buffett's recent purchase of Burlington Northern (BNI) as evidence that the IPO will be successful.
According to Cramer, the Burlington purchase is a sign from Buffett that coal's "going to be with us for a long time" and that Cloud Peak will be a "sleeper deal."
"In Buffett we trust," said Cramer. "People have to recognize that coal is here to stay, even with Obama."Cramer further supported his position by mentioning the strength of the coal lobby and the country's "fixation with developing clean coal. Cloud Peak's coal, he said, is "the cleanest coal in the country." Turning to retail, Cramer said the "people are missing the point." He told viewers to consider companies such as Palm (PALM), Research In Motion (RIMM) and Apple (AAPL), which make expensive smartphones. "The consumer is spending," said Cramer. "They may not be spending at Target (TGT), but they're willing to spend a fortune on phones."-- Written by Rebecca Corvino in New York.
|Most Popular Today|
|Five Cheap Stocks on the Rise
|Most Commented Today|
|Motorola Droid Lands Hard on Palm
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV