Despite the fact that De Molina's name has been bandied about as a contender to the throne at Bank of America, it seems absurd to expect him to be welcomed home to the place where he spent 17 years before defecting to GMAC.
In fact, if Bank of America is smart, it will institute a no return policy.I know that may seem harsh -- and generally I think there can be value in employees who leave and come back with new experience and perspective -- but De Molina would be returning as damaged goods. He lasted less than two years at GMAC and is leaving in the middle of negotiations with the Treasury Department to get a third round of taxpayer-funded assistance. Coincidence? Of course, the Treasury Department is denying that it had anything to do with all this and GMAC is sticking to that story line as well. Insiders told the AP that GMAC's board asked De Molina to step down.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV